WATER. It’s not a magic pill, yet it is so simple, many people overlook how effective it is at helping your body and mind function at their best. Are you drinking enough water everyday? Just this simple change alone can improve your nutrition since water is both nourishing, providing needed hydration, and healing, cleansing the body from toxins and purifying the bloodstream. And, it does all this naturally! That’s why, some people refer to it as nature’s remedy. Drinking the right amount of water every day can put you on the path of wellness, successful eating habits, maintaining proper blood pressure leves, and it won’t even cost you much money.
That’s right. Water is nutritious. It detoxifies the body, purifies the blood stream, allows your food to digest properly and re-energizes you in the process. Water aids in nutrition like no other food or beverage and is one of the easiest things you can add to your diet for health and wellness. When we drink water, we are literally flushing out our system. That’s what makes it a SUPER FOOD in my book!
Nutrition specialists recommend we drink at least half of our body weight in ounces of water. This means a person who weighs 165 pounds would drink at least 83 ounces (10 glasses) of water each day. Now before you start thinking this is impossible, let me say this: it really is easy to sneak all these ounces of water into your diet over time. The key is to make a decision to drink more water, then taking action towards your goal. You may start out with adding one glass a day, until you start wanting more. Believe it or not, your body tells you when you’re dehydrated; and sometimes water is the only thing that will satisfy you. Listen to your body – it knows!
Water Helps Your Body By:
- Carrying nutrients and oxygen to cells. Think of water as a carrier that helps the vitamins, minerals and supplements that you take get to the right places. Because water is made of oxygen, it also carries oxygen through the body to your cells.
- Regulating the body temperature. Water helps to keep the body temperature from overheating.
- Providing moisture and hydration to your mouth, eyes and nose. Yes, even these organs need water to function properly.
- Protecting the body’s organs, tissues and joints. Water provides a moisture shield around the body’s internal tissues and organs.
- Preventing constipation. A well hydrated body releases waste more regularly.
- Dissolving minerals and nutrients to make them useful to the body. In addition to carrying the nutrients through the body, water helps the body absorb for maximum benefits.
- Flushing your system. Water helps the kidney and liver flush out waste through sweat and urine.
Did you know all of this is possible with something so simple as water?
But what if I don’t like water? Some people don’t drink water because they don’t like the idea of drinking a tasteless substance. And before you follow your friend’s recommendation of adding a little lemon or other citrus to make water “tasty;” that’s not a bad idea, but! If you add too much juice, you’re missing out on the benefit of drinking just water. The goal is to teach your brain that water is enough. Not juice, not lemonade – just water. It is okay to add lemon or citrus to aid in detoxing the body – in fact, lemon, orange, lime, tangerine are all great citrus essential oils for water – just be careful with adding too much juice.
Want to get in the habit of drinking more water? Here are…
7 Sneaky Ways To Add More Water To Your Diet
- Drink it first! Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up. Don’t pass Go, don’t collect $200, just go straight to the refrigerator, pour it, drink it. Done.
- Drink a Gallon A Day. Buy a good water bottle that you can fill with water every morning. Place it on your desk and make it a goal to finish it by the end of the day. Just this tip alone will improve your energy and focus to help you get through a productive day at work or home.
- Do the half-and-half method – Instead of drinking a glass full of juice, drink half juice and half water.
- Set your timer to drink one glass or bottle of water every hour on the hour. – Until you get in the habit of making water your beverage of choice, don’t rely on your brain to remember, especially since it’s easy to forget when we get busy and preoccupied with life.
- Add some “flavored” ice cubes – Place a slice of lemon, lime, grapefruit, strawberry or pineapple at the bottom of your ice tray cubes then fill with water and freeze. Use these in your water and for some instant zest!
- Use the Replacement method. Do you normally drink 2 or more cups of soda, coffee or tea during the day? Replace at least 1 of those cups with a glass of water. Bonus if you make water your first drink of the day!
- Implement The Water Reward System. This really works: For every glass of juice, soda, or other beverage, drink a glass of water. So if you drink once cup of coffee, reward yourself with a cup of water. Now you can have your coffee and drink it too!A Note about coffee, tea and soda: Caffeinated drinks rob our bodies of hydration. So it’s a good idea to drink plenty of water to replenish your body with needed hydration and moisture.
Well, are you up for the challenge? Just a few simple changes a day can help you drink more water and retrain your brain to make water your beverage of choice.
You can take a simple step such as replacing TWO of your other beverages with water for the next 7 Days. What do you think? Are you willing to drink more water?
Click here to come over to our Facebook page and let me know what you think!
Did You Know Essential Oils Can Support Your Lifestyle of Wellness?
The nature of pure essential oils are good for the mind, body and spiritual awareness. Learn how you can bring the power of essential oils into your home.
Helpful Resources for Spiritual Growth and Wellness Support
Spiritual Revolution, by Patricia King (50% Off, Limited Time!)
Seers Handbook, by Dr. Sharnael Wolverton
Keys To A Third Heaven & Spiritual Reflections (Combo), by Dr. Sharnael Wolverton
Learn incredible supernatural insights about heaven and earth encounters!