Spring Into Wellness Series: Breathe Easy This Spring With Essential Oils
If the word “pollen” makes you sneeze at the thought of it, this post is for you. Spring is upon us and although it brings a nice break from winter, for many it brings stuffy noses, watery eyes and congestion. If you want a powerful way to breathe easy and enjoy the beautiful spring season, these essential oils and essential oil infused products may be just the natural respiratory and immune system support you need.
Top 4 Essential Oils For The Spring Season
Peppermint: The minty fragrance and potency of peppermint helps soothe tension and discomfort. Peppermint also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent to help open up the airways of your nose and chest.
Here’s how to use peppermint essential oil during the spring season:
- Diffuse. Diffuse peppermint essential oil throughout the day for 10 minutes at a time about every 2-3 hours. It works great at night as well, helping you breathe better so you can rest.
- Topically. Rub 1 drop on your temple and both sides of your nose for breathing relief. Rub 2-3 drops on your chest to help break up mucus. Peppermint can be a little “hot” for some, so if you’re applying it directly to the skin, dilute it with a carrier oil such as coconut oil or Young Living’s V-6 massage oil before applying.
- Drink In Water. Drop 1 drop of peppermint essential oil into warm water or tea for a soothing beverage.
- Inhale. The warm, soothing aroma of peppermint essential oil provides almost instant relief. Drop just 2 drops into your palms and rub together. Then cup your hand over your nose and breathe deeply to inhale. Ahhh…
Eucalyptus Globulus: Eucalyptus globulus has a fresh, penetrating scent. It contains a high percentage of the constituent eucalyptol, a key ingredient often used to support the respiratory system.
- Diffuse. Breathe easy when you diffuse eucalyptus essential oil every 2-3 hours for 10 minutes.
- Topically. Similar to peppermint, eucalyptus can be applied to the temple, along the sides of your nose and to the chest to help loosen mucus and open up airways so you can breathe better.
- Inhale. Drop 1-2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil into a glass bowl of hot water. Put your head over the bowl and cover your head with a towel to breathe in the steam and essential oil vapor. Get relief in as little as 60 seconds.
Lemon: Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant. Lemon can be used to help the body release mucus. Similar to lavender, lemon is also a natural antihistamine that can help relieve runny eyes and noses.
- Diffuse. Diffuse lemon essential oil alone or blend with lavender for relief throughout the day.
- Topically. Apply lemon essential oil to the back of your neck or temple.
- Drink in Water. Drop 1 drop of lemon essential oil into warm or cold water. Drink at least one cup per day for added antioxidants.
- Inhale. Need a pick me up from the grogginess? Drop 2-3 drops into your hands, rub together and breath deeply to inhale.
Lavender: The calming properties of lavender essential oil helps provide relief from sneezing, making it a natural anti-histamine.
How to Use Lavender Essential Oil
- Diffuse. Add 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil to a diffuser to minimize seasonal discomforts.
- Topically. Lavender can be applied directly to the affected areas including your chest, forehead and sinus area to provide relief. Apply to the bottom of your feet just before bed for a peaceful night’s rest.
- Inhale. Drop 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil into the palm of your hands, rub together and cup over your nose to breathe in the oil.
Added Support for The Spring Season
In addition to the oils, natural supplements can also help you get through this season with ease. Young Living’s Inner Defense™ capsules and NingXia Red® antioxidant beverage are also great options for those looking to support the immune system with pure essential oils.
Purchase The Essential Oils in This Post[button url=”https://www.swiftfire.org/essential-oils/get-started-with-essential-oils/” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#5a9407″ color=”#ffed9d” size=”8″ icon=”https://www.swiftfire.org/wp-content/uploads/Purchase-Essential-Oils-icon.png” icon_color=”#ffed9d”]CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER »[/button] [divider top=”no” divider_color=”#e2e2e2″ margin=”40″]
Upcoming Events: Meet Me in a City Near You!
Full Day Workshop Saturday, March 14
Please mark your calendars:
Saturday, March 14, 2015
for a full Day of YL Essential Oil Workshops
This is going be a great time to bring a lot of guests and encourage your teams to come.
Quantum Health and Essential Oils with Dr Sharnael Wolverton and Maylia Trahan
Saturday, March 14, 2015 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Clarion Inn & Suites Conference Center
501 N Highway 190
Covington, La. 70433
This meeting will discuss common uses for essential oils, how they are known scientifically to support your health. We will discuss the biblical background and history of essential oils and what the scriptures say in reference to essential oils. We will also cover cleansing, detoxing, muscle testing, some nutrition, frequency , orac scale, and other topics important to your overall health.
If you scheduled a Zyto, times for this are from 10am-1pm
The meeting Will Start at 1pm and go until 5pm with (Breaks in Between) (From 5:30pm – 6:30pm a swiftfire business meeting for Dr. Sharnael’s #teamswiftfire Only.)
You must register for this conference: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/quantum-health-with-essential-oils-covington-la-tickets-15525156160
SAVE THE DATE LOUISIANA: March 18 Dr David Stewart and Dr Sharnael Healing Oils of The Bible
Dr. Stewart is a world-famous teacher, lecturer, and author. He has published seventeen books, including “Healing Oils of the Bible,” “The Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple,” “Statistical Validation of Raindrop Technique,” and “Healing: God’s Forgotten Gift.” He is author of the booklet: “Quantum Physics, Essential Oils, and the Mind-Body Connection.” He and his wife have written the notes and texts for all of the CARE Classes.
Dr. Sharnael is a dynamic Kingdom minister of the Word of God and Biblical Divine Health. Sharnael has a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, She is an expert in Pure Essential Oils for the purpose of healing. She is the author of 3 books and has taught in over 36 countries over the last 14 years in ministry. Dr. Wolverton continues to study, learn, research and teach biblical ways to Kingdom health.
Ancient civilizations understood the healing properties and benefits of essential oils and regarded them as highly prized possessions. Science has since confirmed these ancient treasures to be valid and useful for modern day living.
Come and learn as we open the scriptures to show us where these amazing treasures were used in biblical times in worship, healing and skin care and how they’ve recently been rediscovered, investigated and proven effective. You’ll have opportunities to experience a variety of essential oils.[divider top=”no” divider_color=”#e2e2e2″ margin=”40″]
Essential Oils New Zealand March 28
This meeting will discuss common uses for essential oils, how they are known scientifically to support your health. We will discuss the biblical background and history of essential oils and what the scriptures say in reference to essential oils. We will also cover cleansing, detoxing, muscle testing, some nutrition, frequency , orac scale, and other topics important to your over all health.
Kingsgate Hotel Hamilton
100 Garnett Avenue
Te Rapa, Hamilton
New Zealand 3200
Hope you can make this event!
Meeting Will Start at 9:30am to noon….We will have a family team swiftfire business meeting for Dr. Sharnael’s #teamswiftfire Only from 12:30-1:30.bring a snack:)
REGISTER TODAY TO HOLD YOUR SPOT!