Doctors have been warning patients for years about the negative health effects of drinking coffee. Yet, over 50% of Americans have continued to drink this delicious beverage on a daily basis (and often in mass quantities)! The truth is… many popular coffee brands (and coffee beverages at coffee shops) are loaded with pesticides, mold, artificial ingredients, and hidden refined sugars. However, drinking coffee doesn’t have to bad for you and it doesn’t have to be boring either! Here are few of the health benefits when you drink your coffee the right way:
- Enhanced speed, intensity, and endurance of workouts
- May increase metabolism and burn fat
- Increases beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract
- High in antioxidants (which may decrease risk of certain cancers)
- Lowers blood glucose level
- Lowers rates of age-related cognitive decline
Always Choose Organic
Unfortunately, coffee beans are one of the most heavily pesticide sprayed crops in the the world! So definitely always choose coffee beans that are certified Organic. There are also coffee brands that are low in acidity. It is best to purchase whole beans and grind them yourself to get the most benefit and to avoid rancid coffee.
Drink it Black or Bullet-Proof
It is most beneficial to drink your coffee black or bullet proof (see recipe below). Here are some additional helpful guidelines to keep your coffee healthy:
- Keep it to a minimum. One or two cups per day is best.
- Avoid adding artificial sweeteners and refined sugars
- Avoid artificial creamers. Use organic coconut milk, almond milk, or hemp milk instead.
- Add Cinnamon to your coffee for even higher antioxidant content and to help balance blood sugar levels
- Eat before you drink your coffee to avoid a blood sugar “crash”
- Add Collagen to your coffee. Collagen (found good bone broths) is rich in the amino acid glycine, and has been scientifically studied to help reduce joint pain, aid in healthy tissue repair, and may help inflammation stay within a healthy range.
- Add grass-fed butter to your coffee for a brain-boosting buzz. Coffee can cause anxiousness and upset stomach when taken without a healthy fat so adding grass-fed butter or cold-pressed coconut oil helps prevent those negative side-effects.
- Add cold-pressed coconut oil. Similar to grass-fed butter, coconut oil is loaded with healthy fats, specifically medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) which have been shown to improved weight loss in multiple scientific studies. Coconut oil is well-know for many health benefits including brain health!
Try Bullet Proof Coffee!
- 1 cup Organic high quality coffee (mold and pesticide free!)
- 1-3 teaspoons cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic grass-fed unsalted butter (or ghee for non-dairy)
- 1/8 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- A few drops of Stevia
Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix on high for 15-30 seconds! Enjoy!
Helpful Resources for Spiritual Growth and Wellness Support
YL Live Your Passion Rally with Dr. Sharnael Wolverton & Dana Cammack Lubbock, TX
Sat, April 22, 2017
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
Young Living brings the culture and excitement of essential oils to Lubbock, Texas with the new Live Your Passion Rally featuring Dr. Sharnael Wolverton and Dana Cammack!
This personalized event provides an opportunities for both business leaders and essential oil enthusiasts. The Rally will provide business training, team member support, recognition of achievements, and an inside look at new products.
Dr. Sharnael Wolverton ND is a Young Living Crown Diamond and a dynamic speaker. Sharnael has a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine and is an expert in the application of therapeutic grade Essential Oils for wellness. Dr. Wolverton continues to study, learn, research and teach biblical ways to Kingdom health. Sharnael is also a wonderful mother and an incredible facilitator of the supernatural. Her heart is to see God’s people realize their personal destinies and walk in the fullness of those destinies including mind, body, and Spirit.
Dana Cammack is a Young Living Gold and a true servant leader. Dana is a wife, a homeschooling mother of three boys, and a passionate business owner on a mission to help families experience wholeness, health, and wealth through the power of Essential Oils. She truly believe sharing is caring and has made it her business to share her secrets, tips, recipes, business and life lessons to help us keep our whole family healthy, naturally. Dana loves the Lord and is an inspiration to many.
This is an event for both men and women, so bring your spouse and your friends!
I Choose Health! with Dr. Sharnael Wolverton
What if you could, not only enhance your life, but you could also enhance the lives of your friends and family? What if, with a few small changes, you could put this in motion today? Dr. Sharnael Wolverton brings a powerful message that will equip you for abundance. As a Crown Diamond with Young Living, and an expert in essential oils for over seven years, she will enlighten you to:
-> Understand exactly how essential oils work with your body: physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
-> Understand how the limbic system of the brain affects your emotions and the role that essential oils play.
-> Understand how frequency affects the body and how to use essential oils to be empowered in your health.
-> Understand how to create the results YOU choose.
Date: Saturday May 27th
Location: The Lamb of God School
1810 Fairview Ave Halethorpe, MD 21227
$20 EARLY BIRD (if registered by April 20)
$25 (after April 20)
$35 (at the door – Cash only)