These 3 Fall Favorite Holiday Recipes Get a “Boost” with Essential Oils
Since it’s that time of year, I’m sharing with you a few fall recipes that you can easily infuse with essential oils for an added boost of flavor, aromas and the natural health benefits that can only come from using pure essential oils. Happy Holiday Season!
Spiked, I Mean Spiced Egg Nog
Jazz up your favorite egg nog with a spicy essential oil.
- 1 Quart of Egg Nog
- 6-8 Drops of either Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, or Clove Essential Oil (these oils are spicy, pick only one!)
- 1-2 pinches of ground cinnamon or nutmeg (for garnish)
- Pour egg nog into a glass container (make sure it’s glass – essential oils break down in plastic)
- Add essential oil and stir until well blended. Top with a sprinkle or 2 of cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish.
Serves 4[divider top=”no” divider_color=”#dedede”]
Easy Apple Crisp with a Kick
For baking, essential oils make great replacements for common extracts.
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, sliced (into 1/4 inch pieces) and cored
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar in the Raw
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup (Grade B (or very dark) is healthier)
- 1/3 Cup of Almond or Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (raw)
- 4 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 10-12 Drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Before you mix the ingredients, preheat oven to 350°F and coat a 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil, then…
- In a large bowl, place the apple slices and sugar. Stir together until the apples are well coated. Then mix in 7-8 drops of the Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil.
- Pour the apples into your baking dish.
- In the same bowl, mix the flour and oats together until the oats are well coated with flour. Pour in the maple syrup along with 2-3 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil. Mix together with the flour until you have one big, ooey, gooey beautiful ball of oats. Into the oats, cut or pinch in the coconut oil until it’s all blended. We give you full permission to use your hands!
- Spread the crumble on top of the apples and bake for about 45 – 50 minutes until the apples are soft and the crumble on top forms a nice crust.
The Absolute Best Chai Tea Latte With Essential Oils
Enjoy the tastes of Fall in a cup. Make your own healthier version of warm and spicy chai tea.
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 3-4 drops of the Quick Oil-Spice Essential Oil blend (see recipe below) OR if you have it, use Thieves Essential Oil Blend
- 1 tea bag (black or earl grey)
Instructions: Warm the almond milk on the stove until hot, but not boiling. Add the tea bag. Turn off heat, cover the pot and let the tea steep for about 2 minutes, and stir in 3-4 drops of your Oil-Spice blend. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy![divider top=”no” divider_color=”#dedede”]
Quick Oil-Spice (All-Spice) Recipe Using Essential Oils
Put some spice in your life! Make your own all-spice with these energy and mood boosting essential oils!
- Clove Essential Oil
- Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
- Nutmeg Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
Instructions: Mix 1-2 drops of each oil together in a dark glass container. Since cinnamon bark is the sweetest of these, you can use it as a base and add a 1-2 drops of the others to taste. Keep in mind these oils are pretty strong, so you may want to mix them with coconut or almond milk to really get a feel for how they will taste when used in a recipe.[divider top=”no” divider_color=”#dedede”]
Do you have a favorite recipe you love to prepare during the fall and holiday season? Feel free to share it with us on social media or leave a comment below.
Learn How To Get The Essential Oils Used In These Recipes
Want to try these recipes? Set up your account with Young Living to order essential oils and have them shipped right to your door. Once you activate your account with an initial enrollment kit, you can order any Young Living essential oils and other essential oil based products.
[spacer size=”10″] [button url=”https://www.swiftfire.org/essential-oils/get-started-with-essential-oils/” style=”3d” background=”#5a9407″ color=”#ffed9d” size=”7″ icon=”https://www.swiftfire.org/wp-content/uploads/Purchase-Essential-Oils-icon.png” icon_color=”#ffed9d”]CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT & START SHOPPING[/button] [spacer size=”40″]