Top 5 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Essential Oils Answered Here
Even though essential oils are catching on, I get asked the same questions about the use of essential oils quite a bit so I decided to create this helpful guide to answer those question here in one place. Do you have more questions about essential oils that didn’t get answered here? Feel free to leave a comment and we’ll reply with an answer.
1. What are essential oils?
Essential oils are the natural, aromatic liquids that protect plants against disease, insects, pathogens, and other environmental conditions. Their innate properties make them powerfully therapeutic and medicinal for humans as well. Essential oils have also been used for thousands of years for medicinal and cosmetic purposes, as well as for their uplifting properties.
In a world where most medicine is chemically produced, record numbers are turning to essential oils to support health without exposure to the side effects of modern pharmacology. Because of their concentration, essential oils can be 50 times (or more) potent than herbs. Their liquid state makes them infinitely more versatile as well. In fact, pure essential oils can be ingested medicinally, applied topically, diffused in the air, used in cooking, and employed in literally hundreds of home cleaning and personal care products… safely and naturally.
Primarily extracted through careful steam distillation but also through cold pressing, the purest essential oils are far more powerful than the botanicals from which they were extracted. Any time you hold a bottle of our powerful essential oils, you are holding nature’s pure essence.
2. What Do People Use Essential Oils For?
As you can imagine, different plant oils carry different benefits and uses – many with astonishing versatility. Today there are thousands of products on the market claiming to be natural, or environmentally friendly, however more than 74% of these products have been subject to “green-washing” and may not be what they appear to be. Consider using essential oils and essential-oil based products as a natural solution for the following items in your home:
[list icon=”https://www.swiftfire.org/wp-content/uploads/Swiftfire_sbg.png” icon_color=”#14730c”]
- Relax The Mind. Likely the most common use for essential oils, the aromatherapeutic benefits of the oils help to relax the mind and body which allows you to release mental blockages which lead to less stress and positive wellbeing.
- Wellness & Nutrition Supplements. Beyond just aromatherapy, nature’s essential oils have been used as ancient medicines throughout history. Pure therapeutic grade essential oils can be used to support your health and wellness goals and work great as natural supplements to boost your immune system, detox the body, and give you more energy.
- Weight Loss, Fitness and Energy Supplements. Many essential oils are safe for internal consumption and can be used to boost energy, increase your metabolism and curb hunger.
- Natural Skin & Beauty Care. Essential oil based cleansers, moisturizers, shampoos and conditioners are great natural alternatives to help you eliminate toxins often found in personal care products.
- Spiritual Awareness & Meditation. The aromatics of essential oils can be used to calm the mood and create an environment for deep spiritual connection.
- Flavors and Spices in Cooking & Beverages . The potency of essential oils come straight from the plant itself. Because of that, pure essential oils can be used as flavor enhancers and spices that can be used in cooking, baking and even in your favorite beverages. (Note: Before ingesting any essential oil, be sure to read the label to make sure the oil is safe for consumption.)
- Natural Cleaning Products. Replace toxic chemical-based cleaning products in your home with natural, plant-based essential oil products such as household cleaners, deodorizers and surface cleaners.
3. How Do I Know If the Essential Oils Are Pure?
Essential oils are widely available, but QUALITY is of utmost importance. Read the labels of the oils you are interested in and check to make sure it says 100% pure essential oil. Believe it or not, 98% of essential oils on the market today are synthetically produced – known as perfume grade – and not safe for ingestion! Only 2% of essential oils produced today are therapeutic – or medicinal – grade. Anyone can make an essential oil that smells good, but you want to choose an oil that can deliver proven wellness and therapeutic results. What you are looking for is an essential oils company that has years of experience farming, distilling, and sourcing essential oils that contain the optimal level of beneficial plant properties. You essentially are looking for Oils That Work! Don’t settle for anything less!
4. How Do I Use Essential Oils?
You can use essential oils by smelling them directly (inhalation), applying them to the skin (topical application), or taking them internally (internal consumption).
Inhaling certain essential oils heightens the senses and can have many positive effects. Here are several ideas to get started:
» Inhale the oil directly from the bottle.
» Diffuse your favorite essential oil with a premium Young Living diffuser.
» Pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of oil. Cover your head and the bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel; then breathe deeply and slowly.
Many essential oils are safe to use directly on the skin. Popular areas include ears, temples, soles and tops of feet, abdomen, and upper back.
» Place 2–3 drops of oil in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired area.
» Massage the oil in a circular motion onto the skin. Repeat as desired.
† Caution: Always read the label for instructions before applying. Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, apply V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex or any pure vegetable oil to dilute.
A number of essential oils work well as dietary supplements or food flavorings. Try some of these tips with your favorite oils:
» Place a few drop into a gel capsule and swallow with water.
» Add 1–2 drops to your meals when cooking.
» Add 1–2 drops to a glass of water, NingXia Red®, or other natural juice.
5. Where Can I Find Essential Oils?
Of the 2% of companies that produce 100% therapeutic grade essential oils, Young Living is top choice. The process Young Living uses when planting, cultivating, harvesting, and distilling a batch of oil is crucial to retaining its vital compounds. Without the exact blend of naturally-occurring plant chemicals, an essential oil can lose its beneficial properties and fail to produce the desired effect.
Young Living quality seal guarantees that every essential oil Young Living distills, or sources, has the optimal naturally-occurring blend of constituents to maximize the desired effect. Young Living is able to make this assertion because of our strict cultivation process—illustrated by the Seed To Seal process (click here to read more about this process) —that guarantees the optimal potency of every Young Living essential oil.
Young Living is the only company of its kind, producing exclusively therapeutic grade essential oils with a perfected low temperature distillation process that’s chemical free, and produces the purest, most potent and beneficial therapeutic grade oils in the world. Young Living’s products are trusted by thousands of doctors, professional athletes, and families all over the world! With over 300 unique therapeutic-grade essential oils, and thousands of products, Young Living has options that will support your healthy lifestyle, as well as transform your home into a safer, greener and more positive environment. Our core product categories, including wellness, green homes, supplements and nutrition, weight loss, and personal care offer solutions for some of the most sought after needs.
Of course Young Living isn’t your only choice. There are a handful of other brands that produce quality essential oils. Just be sure when you’re making your decision to choose the brands that have a commitment to sourcing the best plant species and producing oils with no synthetics.
Want To Purchase Pure Essential Oils?
With Young Living, you save 24% on all your purchases when you set up a wholesale membership. Plus, you can have your order shipped right to your door for your convenience.[button url=”https://www.swiftfire.org/essential-oils/get-started-with-essential-oils/” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#5a9407″ color=”#ffed9d” size=”8″ icon=”https://www.swiftfire.org/wp-content/uploads/Purchase-Essential-Oils-icon.png” icon_color=”#ffed9d”]CLICK HERE TO ORDER »[/button] [spacer size=”40″]