Dry Brushing – Fast, Effective, Healthy!
What if I told you that you can reap many amazing health benefits by adding only five minutes to your daily self-care routine? Dry Brushing is fast, effective, and full of beauty and health benefits.
The skin is the largest organ in the body as you may remember from Biology 101. This makes it one of the most important elimination organs and it plays a large roll in the detoxification process. So let’s get straight to the point.
Here are the top benefits of Dry Brushing:
The lymphatic system is a major part of the body’s immune system. It is made up of lymph nodes, ducts, and vessels that transport lymph throughout the body. Many of these lymph vessels run just below the skin and therefore brushing the skin regularly helps to stimulate the normal lymph flow within the body. This assists in improving vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, which releases toxins. This encourages the body to discharge metabolic wastes and run more effectively.
Exfoliation & Enhanced Skin Appearance
Dry brushing the body is one of the simplest and most natural ways to exfoliate the skin as it helps shed dead skin cells and encourages cell renewal. This results in smoother and brighter skin. It also clears oil, dirt, and residue from pores and helps prevent ingrown hairs. This benefit is often noticed as soon as the first time! You can even use a specialized smaller and gentler dry brush for the face which some studies have shown reduces the size of pores.
Studies have shown that increasing the circulation to the skin reduces the appearance of cellulite. Cellulite is just toxic material accumulated in your body’s fat cells so once you get it moving again…. Bye-bye Cellulite!
Natural Energy Boost
Many people express that dry brushing in the morning has an exhilarating effect. It stimulates your nervous system (all the nerve endings on the skin) and feels amazing. Any way you look at dry brushing, it’s a great way to get your body systems moving in the morning and improve your energetic flow. Your body will thank you for the extra love.
How to Dry Brush the Skin
- Here is an affordable brush set on Amazon.
- Brush before showering. After showering apply coconut oil infused with your favorite Young Living essential oils! Get essential oils here.
- Starting at the feet, brush the bottoms of feet and up legs in long, smooth strokes. Brush each section of skin about 10 times. For lymph flow, always brush toward the heart/chest area where the lymph system drains. To simplify, always brush toward the center of the body.
- Repeat the same process with the arms. Start with the palms of the hands and brush up the arm toward the heart.
- On the stomach and armpits, brush in a circular clockwise motion.
- Repeat the process on abdomen and back, then the face with a more delicate brush.
*Note: Be gentle! A soft, smooth stroke is best. Skin may be slightly pink after brushing, but it should never be red, sting, or break the skin. If it hurts at all, use less pressure! Replace the brush every 6-12 months as the bristles will eventually wear out and wash your brush every few weeks to remove dead skin cells.
More Resources For Wellness & Spiritual Growth