I never thought I would be saying this, but if you are physically able to run, I encourage you to make it a part of your regular fitness routine. When it comes to cardio, running is a great way to get your heart rate up as well as strengthen your lungs. Running also wakes up your lymphatic system; the system responsible for transport lymph, a fluid containing infection-fighting white blood cells, throughout the body. There are so many benefits to running, among them are:
BENEFITS OF RUNNING
- Heart Health. Of the many health benefits of running, heart health is #1. Running helps lower blood pressure helping the arteries to contract and expand. It also makes the heart muscle stronger, which can prevent heart attacks.
- Lung Health. Did you know many smokers turn to running to recover full lung health after they quit smoking? It’s true. Running strengthens the lungs by forcing the body to take deep breaths.
- Stress Relief. Your body releases more than just sweat when you run. It also helps your brain to relax and releases endorphins that help you calm down. Stressed? Try running to help relieve tension, fatigue and clear the brain. An article published by Vanderbilt University even explains some doctors claim that running works as well as psychotherapy in helping patients with clinical depression.
- Release Toxins. One thing is for sure, you will SWEAT when you run! Thanks to the lymphatic system, as your body releases sweat, excess toxins and waste get released along with it. This is why it’s also a great idea to drink plenty of water at least 15-20 minutes before you run so you don’t get dehydrated. It’s also important to replenish the moisture you lose while running by drinking water after your run as well.
- Burn More Calories! OK. If I haven’t convinced you to at least give running a try by now, perhaps the benefit of burning calories will win you over. When you run, you burn 3-4 times more calories than walking or cycling in the same amount of time. I don’t know about you, but if I’m going to workout and exercise anyway, I want the biggest payoff for everyone of my steps!
NEED MOTIVATION & ACCOUNTABILITY? RUN WITH FRIENDS!
I know you may be reading this thinking running is not for you. And I’ll be the first to tell you I used to HATE running! I honestly don’t know what came over me when I signed up for my first 5K run, but I’m so glad I just did it. The thing that helped me the most was connecting with good friends who encouraged David and I to take it one step at a time. Here’s a photo of myself, David and our friends, Dr. Mary and Jay Carter who to this today hold us accountable to keep running.
RUN FOR A CAUSE
Need another incentive to run? Consider signing up for a Turkey Trot or Relay for Life or other run or walk connected to a cause. Many of the causes have ways to connect with other runners which is a great way to make new friends and get connected with something bigger than yourself. Here is #TeamSwiftfire’s Young Living team after the “Light the Night” Neon Run/Walk to benefit the Young Living Foundation at the 2015 Young Living Convention.
This was such a powerful way to spend time with each other, encourage each other and build team morale and support. I simply LOVE these people!
ESSENTIAL OILS TO SUPPORT YOUR FITNESS
I encourage you to make essential oils a part of your everyday lifestyle and fitness habits. Here are just a few to use before and after your next run.
Before Your Run
Lemongrass Essential Oil: Lemongrass essential oil contains high levels of citral, a compound that may support thermogenic activity in the body when consumed.
Peppermint Essential Oil: When ingested, Peppermint essential oil supports digestion and may improve concentration and mental acuity. When used topically, it soothes sore muscles.
After Your Run
Panaway Essential Oil Blend: Rub PanAway essential oil blend on muscles to keep muscles relaxed after your run.
Ortho Sport Massage Oil: Ortho Sport Massage Oil is designed for both professional and amateur athletes, as well as anyone who works or plays hard.
EVERYONE CAN RUN!
Are you new to running? Start out slow. I’ll admit, running is not easy when you’re first starting out. You’ll feel like you’re running out of breath and you’ll want to quit. But don’t! If you pace yourself, you’ll be able to run longer distances sooner than you think. Start out power walking for the first few days. Then after 3-4 days, add in 3-5 minutes of running every 5 minutes of your walk. No need to sprint, just a light jogging pace will work. After 6-7 days, bump up your 3-5 minutes to 5-8 minutes and then 8-10 minutes until you can go a full 10 minutes of running without stopping. Keep going and you’ll be able to run 20-30 minutes without even thinking about it. This is when you’ve crossed into the “Zone”, and I’ll be right there to welcome you to the club!
Helpful Resources for Spiritual Growth and Wellness Support
Dr. Sharnael (and Jeff Jansen) explore both the science and the spiritual realm of oils and their benefits for your spirit, the supernatural source of wellness. She will touch on 1. What is frequency 2. How do essential oils work? 3. Where are essential oils in the bible? 4. Who needs essential oils and why? 5. How integrity effects the health and body 6. How do we step into the quantum realms of the supernatural 7. What does this have to do with the Kingdom? You will not want to miss this teaching! Order now!
Dreams & Visions
Take the journey with Dr Sharnael on how dreams and visions can help you understand your life in Christ ! Listen and discover the difference between a dream and a vision, keys to have more dreams and visions, how to better remember your dreams, what is God saying I your dreams and why? And more….. get this powerful resource today!
Keys To A Third Heaven & Spiritual Reflections (Combo)
Meet Dr. Sharnael in September at the Mobilizing Light Conference!
Anyone with a longing to dig deep into the Kingdom realm and the mysteries in the Word of God is welcome to join us!
Our life in HEAVEN is more lasting and real than anything here. You and I are establishing our DNA and our agreed to assignment from the WAS WAS, before we were in the womb. It’s time to truly assume our responsibility in our FATHER’S Kingdom in HEAVEN first and here on Earth, then the Multiverse.
Ian Clayton and Dr. Sharnael Wolverton are mandated to teach other Sons of God to access their God Given right to the FATHER’S KINGDOM OF HEAVEN and HIS MULTIVERSE just as Yeshua and HIS DISCIPLES did in the Bible’s New Testament.